San Diego Accident Attorney
If you've been injured in an auto accident, or you've suffered the loss of a loved one because of an auto accident or any other type of accident, you might be eligible to file a suit for compensation. Please contact our offices to discuss your case. It is important to be protected as soon as possible.
The at-fault party’s insurance company will immediately launch an investigation into the accident in an attempt to reduce the amount they may have to pay out. While this investigation proceeds, it is important for your attorney to also complete a thorough investigation. The strength of your case will ultimately rest on your attorney’s ability to collect and present evidence that illustrates that the other party was negligent and therefore responsible for your damages. As your representative, we can determine whether the defendant:
Failed to pay attention to their surroundings
Drove while distracted – texting, falling asleep at the wheel
Drove under the influence – alcohol, drugs
Violated traffic laws – high speed collisions, rollover accidents, head on collisions, road rage
Drove without a license – suspended license, underage driver
Our Investigation to determine fault may include:
Reviewing police reports and photographs
Interviewing witness statements
Reviewing video footage of the accident, if available
Researching the history of both parties’ driving records
Analyzing your medical reports with experts to determine the most likely scenario of how you sustained your injury and
Recreating the scene of the accident
To determine the amount of compensation to request, and for which expenses, we will work with experts to pinpoint your injuries and project your accident-related expenses. Damages to which you may be entitled include, but are not limited to:
Current and future medical expenses
Loss of future earning capacity
Pain and suffering
Loss of enjoyment of life
Loss of intimacy and support
Creating a Claim.
We will reach out to the other party or parties and attempt to reach a settlement agreement before a lawsuit is filed. If negotiations are unsuccessful, we will submit your claim to the court, thereby starting the official lawsuit process. Typically, both parties will attempt to negotiate for a settlement while preparing their cases for trial to keep the case from proceeding to court. If negotiations are still unsuccessful, your lawsuit will proceed to court where we will present your case. The judge or jury will then determine the amount of compensation to which you are entitled, if any.
Working With the Insurance Companies
After a car accident, it is also imperative that you do not discuss the accident or disclose any details with any party—except for your attorney and treating physician. Any statements or comments you make can potentially harm your pursuit of compensation during negotiations or at trial. Your attorney can handle any insurance discussions or negotiations on your behalf.
There are many types of accidents. We can assist you with:
Have you been injured in a car accident through the fault of another person? You may be entitled to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, future medical treatment, pain, and suffering. We strive to obtain maximum and fair compensation for our injured clients. We are here to fight for your rights as an injured person, and we will do everything we can to make sure that the liable party's insurance company pays you the maximum recovery for your injuries.
All boat operators are responsible to navigate waters carefully. This is not always the case. Often, boaters are distracted or even drunk boating. Should a boat operator act in a negligent or reckless manner and cause injury to another, he or she may be held liable for the harm that is sustained to the victim. We will make them accountable.
Faulty Equipment, Bus Driver Fatigue, Inattention or Intoxication, Aggressive Driving & Speeding, even other Passengers can cause a normal bus ride to become a tragic event. Bus Accidents are much more complicated than ordinary car accidents because the additional state and federal laws that regulate commercial transportation. We will investigate and uphold all areas of the law to maximize accountability.
- We know the ins and outs of motorcycle accidents and know how police reports can go against the biker unfairly. You deserve a personal injury lawyer that will fight for your rights and get you the compensation for your motorcycle accident that you deserve.
- If driver that hit you or a loved one was negligent, in order to prove liability, you may have to take legal action. Attorney Siegel will be able to help you determine whether you have a valid case against the at-fault party and can help investigate the cause of the accident.
- Truck accidents happen because of many reasons. A trucking company's negligence in failing to screen truck drivers, a trucker's excessive speed, or overlooking truck inspections are just several factors which can cause a truck accident. At our law firm, we have the resources to hire experts in accident reconstruction, engineering, transportation, and other areas. Our access to specific experts ensures we can fully investigate the cause of the truck accident and hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for the injuries they cause.
- Cruise ship injuries and illnesses happen to both to passengers and crewmembers. If you are injured or fall ill as a result of negligence, it’s important to speak with a legal expert who knows the ins and outs of cruise ship accident injuries.
- We will fight for justice on behalf of plane crash victims' family members, as well as survivors injured in aviation disasters by seeking to hold companies and manufacturers in the aviation industry accountable.
- A pedestrian or motor vehicle driver crossing a train track at the wrong time, or train passengers made vulnerable by the negligence of a conductor, mechanical flaws, poor maintenance, or defective train tracks, a simple train ride can have disastrous consequences. We will seek justice on your behalf
- Faulty Equipment, Bus Driver Fatigue, Inattention or Intoxication, Aggressive Driving & Speeding, even other Passengers can cause a normal bus ride to become a tragic event. Bus Accidents are much more complicated than ordinary car accidents because the additional state and federal laws that regulate commercial transportation. We will investigate and uphold all areas of the law to maximize accountability.