San Diego Slip and Fall Attorney
Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
Everyone has slipped or tripped and fallen at some point, it's just a fact of life. Sometimes, it happens because we're distracted or not paying attention. But other times, it's due to the negligence of others that we find ourselves severely injured from a bad fall. Whether the slip and fall occurred in a grocery store, shopping mall, or office building, we can work with you to determine if you have a viable lawsuit. These type of accidents can happen both indoors and outside on someone's property.
There are several categories of falls that are eligible for compensation, including but not limited to:
- Slip-and-fall - insufficient warning of a slippery or wet walking surface
- Trip-and-fall - an object blocked the way with no safety barrier or warning of its presence
- Step-and-fall - a hole or other uneven aspect to the area, causing you to lose your balance
- Stump-and-fall - a protrusion causes you to stop short and fall
To prove that the owner or occupier was negligent in maintaining the property and that this negligence contributed to your injuries, our law office will:
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Take photographs of the dangerous condition
- Review video surveillance to establish how long the unsafe condition existed
- Question witnesses
- Obtain copies of accident reports
- Review a store’s operational records and store cleaning logs
It is important to contact our office as soon as possible following a slip and fall accident, because witnesses often forget important details. Over time, key pieces of evidence may become lost or destroyed. In some cases, the attorney will take depositions of store employees to establish that the area where the accident occurred was not regularly cleaned or maintained.
In some cases, we may be able to negotiate a settlement with the property owner or its insurance company. Cases often settle because property owners and their insurance companies seek to avoid the costs and negative media reports that can be associated with a jury trial. As part of the settlement process, we will present evidence detailing the economic and non-economic damages you incurred as a result of the slip and fall accident. If the settlement negotiations do not result in an adequate settlement offer, then we will prepare the case for trial.
If your injury falls into one of these categories, please do not hesitate to contact us. We'll assess your incident and if you have cause to file suit, we will fight for your rights and make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Let us help you get the care and compensation you deserve. Contact us today!